Sunday 19 September 2010

We are back!

I feel like we have been to the moon and back. Mongolia is like that! It is immense and you can travel for 000's of km without seeing anyone. A few camels and wild horses and the odd skeleton and that's it. For the last 3 days we have had no data coverage so sorry no blogs. In this time we have experienced the most appalling conditions for road traffic that I have ever seen. If you think of the worst farm track you have ever driven, times it by 10 and imagine racing over the that for 350km a day then you are somewhere near. Unsurprisngly we have eaten 4 rear shockabsorbers and I am now a dab hand at replacing them in double quick time. The rest of the Aston continues to run perfectly and has taken to third overall. If we can hold this postion until out of Mongolia we will the move to much better roads for the DB5. Adrian and I continue to enjoy it but the days are long and dusty and there is little by way of respite. Last night was freezing and I am now sitting in the cold car as its warmer than my sleeping bag and tent! 2 hours until breakfast and today is a day off. We may clean the car! Thanks for following and I will be back with more soon.

2 comments:

  1. well done chaps. The car looks like it could use a wash - roll on east europe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And some people complains about European roads... :-D

    ReplyDelete