Saturday 4 September 2010

6 days and Counting

we are nearly there now, Adrian flys out next tuesday and I follow the day after. First job for Adrian is to pick up the DB5 from the docks and start wading through the paperwork.  I have to say, ERA the rally organisers can certainly produce some material.  Scrutineering is the 9th with the off on the following day.  Its only just dawned on me that my job is to be the navigator, well and the mechanic, and I have not done a road rally before.  So if anyone can help me with some deciphering of terminolgy...

MTC  main time control
PC    passage control?
TS and RC  I have no idea.  these are marked on our route maps and in the route books.  I have all the gizzmos one could wish for, including a marvellous gadget called a Monit which is the modern digital equivalent of the old mechanical Halda time keeping machine so often seen in rally cars. I am glad the first few days are not racing as it will give me time to get used to the sytems and the nav instructions. 

Really looking forward to it now, especially seeing the DB5 again.  Its been beautifully prepared by RSW and we have great confidence in it.  I only hope we can live up to its capabilities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment