Wednesday 25 August 2010

The nerves kick in

Gosh, am I really embarking in this adventure in an old Aston Martin for over 5 weeks?   Time is bearing down on us now, and its finally dawning on me that this really is happening.  When Adrian first asked me to be his co driver it was probably nearly 3 years ago, and like all things in life, the time went slowly to start and accelerated over the last 9 months.

I feel pretty well prepared, and the car certainly is.  I think what is concerning me the most now is the personal paraphenalia I need to take. Still not sure what sort of clothes and equipement is essential and whats just going to come along for the journey. 

I started watching the excellent film series that were made for Discovery Channel on the last event.  It has rather brought it home to me.  Anyway, there is nothing much I can do about things now.  The car is on the high seas, the flights are booked and I have told the wife, well actually I told her that I would be away for 3 weeks......

No comments:

Post a Comment